- Caron Cakes 80% Acrylic/ 20% Wool yarn (7.1 oz/ 383yards/ 200g per skein): 1 skein of Faerie Cake
- 16″ US8 (5mm) circular needle
- US8 (5mm) knitting straight needles
- stitch marker
- yarn needle
- 18″ in circumference, but note that it can stretch to 22″
- 18 sts = 4 inches; 24 rows = 4 inches
- This hat is knitted in rounds.
CO – Cast on
K – Knit
P – Purl
St(s) – Stitch(es)
CO 100 sts. Place stitch marker in the beginning of round and join carefully not to twist stitches.
Round 1 – 18: Work in k2, p2 rib.
Round 19 – 54: Knit (Stockinette st).
Turn your work inside out. Divide your stitches equally to the two needles (50 stitches on each needle). Bind off by using the 3 Needle Bind-off method. Here’s a link to a video from youtube showing the 3 Needle Bind-off method.
Weave in yarn ends.